Training & Placement Cell
Training & Placement cell (T&P) is the backbone of the institution. It not only guides clear career path to the students but also improves the image of the institute in the society.
The T&P cell caters to the industrial training needs of students and also provides placement services to students through campus interviews. It also motivates and prepares students for the interviews and prospective workplaces.
Major emphasis is on ‘industry institute interaction’, wherein the industry experts are invited for guidance which helps students to be a successful entrepreneur and opportunity to have practical experience by way of internship.
Objectives of Training & Placement cell
1. To develop students to face the campus selection drives by arranging trainings in soft skill
development and especially on aptitude.
2. To organize campus recruitments for the students.
3. To guide students for higher education especially in overseas education by arranging
4. To arrange internships and Inplant training through industry institute interaction.
5. To motivate students to become entrepreneurs by inviting industrialists for expert guidance.
6. To liaison with the alumni whose guidance would be helpful for introducing our students in the industries.
TRAINING & PLACEMENT PROCESS
T&P cell arranges seminars on soft skill development, aptitude training, career guidance, overseas education, employment opportunities for the pre final year and the final year students
Internship is a great way to provide industrial exposure to the students. Students are encouraged & advised to undertake internships and required support is provided to them. Some of the companies offer part-time internships for the students so that they can balance their academics & get industrial experience at the same time.
As per the curriculum, the final year students of Production Engineering branch undergo an In-plant training in their odd semester for a period of six months in various reputed organizations.
• Invitations are sent out to the companies for conducting the campus recruitment drives.
• T&P cell specially concentrates on identifying the core companies and take steps to invite them at the campus.
• The company profile & job description are received via e-mail from companies who are invited & also from companies who are interested to come to our campus for recruitment.
• After that the list of eligible students is shared with the companies as per their prescribed format.
• The company visits the campus on the scheduled date and the recruitment process is carried out.
• Final announcement of the selected students is made by the company representative.
• Offer letters are mailed to the students with the intimation to TPO.
Training & Placement Officer
Shivajirao S. Jondhale College of Engineering
Sonarpada,Post : Manpada,Dombivli(East),
Dombivli : 421204
District : Thane,Maharashtra